“I desire to create a comfortable environment where patients can be honest with me about their struggles, failures, non-compliance, poor decisions or unhealthy habits. As their health advocate, I work with them to identify, prioritize, and tackle issues that ultimately result in the reward of physical and emotional health and wellness.”
– Kristyn Everett, NP
Meet Kristyn Everett, NP
FNP-BC, MSN, RN
|FAMILY MEDICINE||ADOLESCENT MEDICINE|
|WOMEN’S HEALTH||FLUENT IN SPANISH|
Kristyn Everett is a Nurse Practitioner (NP) and Director of Clinical Operations at HealthFit Family Medicine in Castle Rock, Colorado. She graduated from Covenant College with her Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Pre-Medicine. She went on to Vanderbilt University School of Nursing for her Master of Science in Nursing.
During her time at Covenant College she was on the Varsity women’s basketball and cross country teams. Her senior year she was the captain of both teams and was awarded Female Student Athlete Leader of the Year.
She also became a basic and wilderness certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) while taking classes at Covenant College.
Kristyn chose the field of family medicine because she embraces helping patients of all ages, while offering a mix of preventive medicine, curative medicine and chronic care management. She enjoys that no day is the same.
She feels it is an honor and privilege to journey alongside patients and families through both celebratory and challenging stages of life. Kristyn feels blessed to be in a career that gives her the opportunity to support and encourage those who are in a place of need, guidance, and assistance. She finds it very rewarding to partner with her patients as they set goals and work to achieve and even surpass them.
Kristyn is proficient in Spanish and looks forward to assisting Spanish-speaking patients. She enjoys treating patients of all ages, from infants to the elderly. She desires to be an approachable advocate who can help each patient navigate health and life. She not only strives to know her patients from a medical perspective, but she also aims to get to know them on a personal level.
This Colorado native is a mother of four and an avid exerciser. Her go-to activities include running, triathlons and weight lifting. She also enjoys coaching youth basketball.
- Covenant College, Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Pre-Medicine
- Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing – Family Practice
What patients are saying
“Kristyn is the only medical provider that I have trusted to see on a more regular basis. Kristyn always answers every question. I don’t feel rushed. I don’t feel shamed for not taking the best care of myself all the time. Great “bedside” manner – she makes you feel that she cares about you and not that you are just a 10-minute blip in her day. Following her from a closing practice to her new office has been a surprise. A GOOD one! HealthFit Family Medicine is the BEST fit for my family.”
— A HealthFit patient
- Board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner – American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners – Department of Transportation (DOT) Examinations
- Certified Colposcopist – American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- American Heart Association, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- American Heart Association, Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) – Basic and Wilderness certified
- Best of the Best Women’s Healthcare, Colorado Community Media (2010, 2011)
- American Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCCP) Mentorship Program Completion Award (2009)
- Sigma Theta Tau – National Honors Society, Nursing, Vanderbilt University (2002-2004)
- Female Student Athlete Leader of the Year, Covenant College (2002)
- Dean’s List, Covenant College (1998-2002)
Did you know?
- Kristyn learned Spanish from an immersion program in Costa Rica.
- She is on the Advisory Board for Alternatives Pregnancy Center.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Send a question
Meet our providers